Nowadays evaporative cooling system becomes more and more popular and is widely applied in poultry farming for cooling and ventilation. There are two type evaporative cooling system: exhaust fan and pad combined model and air cooler model. For enclosed chicken houses with higher temperature drop requirement, fan- pad will be a workable.
There are 5 issues you should pay attention when using the honeycomb cooling pads system in poultry houses.
- Ensure the hen houses are fully enclosed to achieve highest cooling performance
- Keep at least 2 to 3 meters between the cooling pads and chickens to avoid cool wind blowing directly to the hens
- Better use well water for the evaporative cooling pads and when the circulation water temperature increases( higher than 24 ℃), supplement the water
- Wash the filter once a day to avoid blocking and mildew of the cooling pads
- Keep the fans running at least half an hour to dry the pads after cut off the water supply when stop the cooling system